If you’re podcast inclined, you can find me on two different podcasts this week:
- Rocket Talk Episode 40: Amal El-Mohtar and Natalie Luhrs Where me and Amal, along with Justin Landon, talk a whole lot about ETHICS IN LITERARY JOURNALISM. This was a huge amount of fun to record–I think we talked for around two hours with many, many digressions that Justin heroically edited out. But we do say penis a lot, if that’s an incentive for you.
- Introductions: Our Theme and Our Most Anticipated Things in 2015 w/ Renay and Natalie Luhrs In which me and Renay were invited to come hang out with the Skiffy and Fanty crew and talk about what books by women and non-binary people we were looking forward to reading this year. There may have been an argument over who got to have Fran Wilde’s Updraft on their list.
Just for reference, here’s my long list for Skiffy and Fanty with a few things I thought of later stuck on the end–not all of these are 2015 releases because I am so incredibly behind on my reading:
- Sunny Moraine, Labyrinthian
- Fran Wilde, Updraft
- Rose Lemberg, editor, An Alphabet of Embers
- Nnedi Okorafor, The Book of Phoenix and Lagoon
- N.K. Jemisin, The Fifth Season
- A.C. Wise, The Ultra Fabulous Glitter Squadron Saves the World Again (possibly the best collection title EVER)
- Jaime Lee Moyer, Delia’s Shadow
- Beth Bernobich, The Time Roads
- Tina Connolly, Copperhead and Silverblind
- Jo Walton, The Just City and The Philosopher Kings
- Genevieve Valentine, Persona
- Elizabeth Bear, Karen Memory
- Ann Leckie, Ancillary Mercy
- Maria Dahvana Headley, Magonia
What are you looking forward to reading this year?