WELL. This has been an exciting week, hasn’t it? Not too many links this week; my attention’s been on other things.
- There have been a number of additional essays come out about Dylan Farrow, so I’ll start with those.
- 10 Undeniable Facts About the Woody Allen Sexual-Abuse Allegation
- Woody Allen’s NY Times Response To Dylan Farrow’s Molestation Allegations Is Arrogant, Repulsive & Full Of Distorted Information
- A thorough analysis of Woody Allen’s letter in the NYTimes
- Dylan Farrow Responds to Woody Allen: ‘Distortions and Outright Lies’
- Woody Allen Is Not a Monster. He Is a Person. Like My Father. This is why one of my favorite Wesley Stace songs is one about Hitler–it makes the point that Hitler was a human being, not a monster. I think that’s incredibly important to keep in mind.
- How to like Woody Allen on Facebook
- What Is It About Our Artists and Very Young Girls? (xoJane link)
- Curator of Molly Soda’s “Found” Photos: “I Don’t Think of These as Molly Soda’s Photos”
- Love in the Margins: Talking About Feminist Issues in Mainstream Romance Novels I was so happy to see one of my favorite blogs get a bit of love over at Bitch.
- Jim Hines has been running a fabulous series of guest posts this week from a lot of authors–highly, highly, recommended.
- Being imperfect, together Marissa Lingen is smart. And I owe her an email.
- Shaun White, Olympic moments, and mettle without a color
- The Year I Didn’t Retweet Men and A checklist of stupid things men will say when they find out I only retweet women
- Officially Better Than the Queen: Cecilia Grant’s A Lady Awakened
- On the Honeybee and Her Friends and Relations BEES!
- Lessons of the BOUNTY This is a great root cause failure analysis. And a sad, sad story.
- When you are hurting, there will always be people who find a way to make it about themselves.
- The Missionary Impulse This is about that ridiculous author earning website that Hugh Howey has put together and you know, seriously, people, you cannot extrapolate data like that. Swear to God, one of these days I’m going to start offering financial analysis services to authors just so I don’t have to see people get taken in by shit like this any more.
- You Can Run But This Very Fast Baby Penguin Will Catch You
- Fanthology ’87: An Open Letter to Joanna Russ
- Off On A Tangent: F&SF Style by Dave Truesdale An amazing, truly amazing column from Truesdale from 2007. And by “amazing” I mean “holy shitballs, what a sexist I can’t believe that was published.”
- Ten Things About Petitions and Freedom of Speech
- There’s been a lot of great discussion around the Truesdale petition. A lot of it’s happened right here, but many of the trackback links are worth exploring, too (some of them aren’t but I’ve let them all post).
I’ll be at Boskone this weekend (assuming all goes well, I am on a train as this is posting), if you’re there, too, I’d love to say hello!
Finally: Con or Bust is happening. It’s a great organization and they do valuable work. Go and support them if you can.