I am, slowly but surely, improving my levels of chill. The new medication is helping. I’ve also switched up my workout routine a bit and that’s also helping. Even though squats are fucking evil. I also reorganized and cleaned my studio space which has meant, of course, I’ve been so busy in the evenings I haven’t had time to make anything.
It appears to be the time of year that folks are making eligibility posts for various awards. I’m eligible in the Best Fan Writer Hugo category and The Bias is eligible in the Best Fanzine Hugo category. I’d be honored if you considered me for your ballot. <3
- Do Polygraph Tests Actually Work? I thought this was really interesting.
- How to Be a Writer: 10 Tips from Rebecca Solnit Good advice here, as one would expect.
- Tade Thompson has written a letter to his younger self about writing and publishing. Also a lot of good advice–and hard-earned lessons–here.
- Political correctness: how the right invented a phantom enemy This has always been an obvious straw man argument to me, even 20 years ago.
- Naomi Kritzer’s annual gift guide: Gifts for People You Hate, 2016
- This is giving me life: The Master Wouldn’t Approve of a Frozen Torgo
- Two interesting posts at Code Switch about Korean-American swimmer Sammy Lee:
- I found this post about remodeling a bedroom very soothing. You might, too.
- Fred Clark has two fantastic posts about Christian colleges and ‘Christian’ nationalism: Part 1, Part 2
- Fascinating as heck article about childhood and memory.
- Paper is not broken. We don’t need gadgets or apps for everything, yo.
- Amal El-Mohtar tweeted a link to this wonderful poem and it was just what I needed: Questions to Ask Yourself Before Giving Up
- SCREAMING: The First Dinosaur Tail Found Preserved in Amber is Covered in Feathers
American Trashfire Links
- Tressie McMillan Cottom writes about Racism With No Racists: The President Trump Conundrum.
- I really like this weekly call to action list. It’s broken out into actionable sections and there are links to reliable sources and there is also a section that talks about positive things that have happened. It is also very much lacking in the imperative tone that some other call to actions have, which I appreciate.
- This is possibly the best URL ever: corrupt.af
- Trump Survival Kit Lots of good orgs here.
- Rachael K. Jones sends in this link and notes that it would be a good anthem for the next 4 years; I agree: Revenge
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]