Capclave was a lot of fun last weekend, as it always is. I feel like my panels went well, even though there was a petulant man-baby in the audience during one of them who was in his feelings about not being the center around which the genre revolves anymore. I was told later that he was in the consuite complaining and apparently characterized the panelists as “Three Liberals and a Mormon”–which sounds like either a terrible dad joke or an even worse movie with Steve Guttenberg.
- “Likes” by Sarah Shun-lien Bynum. This is a wonderful short story.
- Why Business Leaders Need to Read More Science Fiction
- Dealing With a Bunch of Fucking Nerds: Research and “Getting It Right”
- This is making me laugh way more than it should: Lutheran Insulter
- We Don’t Do That Here I found this article to be really interesting, particularly since we are going be having a major culture shift at my dayjob soon.
- From Aggressive Overtures to Sexual Assault: Harvey Weinstein’s Accusers Tell Their Stories
- Rebecca Solnit on Harvey Weinstein, Hillary Clinton, and Blaming Women for the Acts of Men I love Solnit’s writing so much. And then there was that time she commented on The Bias and I died.
- The Rock Test: A Hack for Men Who Don’t Want To Be Accused of Sexual Harassment #lifehacks