I’ve recently developed an interest in Islamic geometry, specifically the repeating pattern motifs. I’ve started trying to draw them, and while the precision required is challenging, it’s also very soothing. And it’s a practical application of math–the one kind of math I was really good at in school, too!
There’s a lot going on at work and after my trip last week, I’m feeling cautiously hopeful. I also learned that a nonstop flight between Philadelphia and Indianapolis is precisely the length of a single episode of Midsomer Murders.
- I Was a Strict Evangelical, Until My Faith Unraveled
- Colin Kaepernick Has a Job
- The Condition That’s Quietly Sidelining Female Athletes
- Amber Tamblyn: I’m Done With Not Being Believed
- The Sci-Fi Roots of the Far Right—From ‘Lucifer’s Hammer’ to Newt’s Moon Base to Donald’s Wall Reading this, I was glad to see Auerbach draw a direct line between Pournelle and Beale.
- Speculative Urbanism: Must-Read Megacities of Science Fiction & Fantasy – 99% Invisible Surely there are megacities in works by women or persons of color, right? It was a bit upsetting that none were discussed in this article.
- Sleeps With Monsters: Why Can’t More Books Pander To Me? I, too, am here to be pandered to.
- From Prison to Ph.D.: The Redemption and Rejection of Michelle Jones
- Why Do Women Bully Each Other at Work? I found this incredibly interesting, as I’ve worked for some pretty difficult women during the course of my career.
- To Be or Not To Be a Hypocrite: American Superwash Wool
- The Madness of Donald Trump I have a lot of complicated thoughts about this piece–clearly, Taibbi is referring to The Madness of King George with the title, but the article is full of armchair diagnostics–while also making some incredibly cogent observations about the administration and the country.
- This made me laugh more than it should have: Other Elton John Songs That Donald Trump Uses to Refer to World Leaders
- Man accidentally starts Twitter war between Natural History and Science museums
Make a Suggestion for the Links Post!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]