Right. So I am clearly feeling better this week than I have felt for the last month because I have a lot of links for you this week. So many.
Also! I’ve scanned in some of my artwork and prints and cards and other things are available for sale over at RedBubble.
- Why Some Bosses Bully Their Best Employees
- Horrifyingly, Facebook Has given the Police the Ability to Remove Public Access to Posts—Such as Live Videos of Police Brutality
- Coding “White Trash” in Academia I normally shy away from the phrase “white trash” because it’s racist and because human beings are not trash or garbage–but these are the author’s words and they’re making an important point with their use.
- Pokémon GO, Ingress and Niantic: How Developer Apathy Ruins Potential True. There’s an inaccessible Pokestop near where I live–it’s in a gated community–and I reported it as such well over a year ago and it should never have been ported over to Pokéman GO and yet: it was. That’s some A+ QA there.
- The Other Olympic Refugee Story
- Resilience and Risk Taking I found this a really resonant essay.
- ‘Is it a race thing or a lady thing?’ – the new Ghostbusters and the Academy
- Paramedic in Peel dons Ebola gear to rescue skunk with cup stuck on its head O, Canada.
- One Player’s Nine-Year Journey to Open a Locked, Secret Door
- Middle School Students Push for a Gender-Neutral Dress Code—And Win
- 60 Essential Science Fiction & Fantasy Reads This is a great list of books from the ladies at Hugo nominated blog Ladybusiness.
- There’s a Section of Yellowstone Where You Can Get Away with Murder
- Inside the Fox News Bunker
- A Handy Guide to Faking Your Own Death
- I’m A Trans Parent Raising A Trans Kid & This Is What It’s Like
- Will We Ever Know Who Staged This Mysterious Moon Ballet?
- In Defense of Villainesses So much love for this essay.
- Why kids need monsters and magic, even in tumultuous times
- How to talk about female Olympians without being a regressive creep – a handy guide
- Amal El-Mohtar on writing Bookburners S02 E07: “Fire and Ice” This episode of Bookburners was SO GREAT. It complicated the narrative and worldbuilding in a really important and vital way and it also made me cry at my desk while at work (I usually read during my lunch break).
- Martha Stewart, Snoop Dogg Partner for VH1 Dinner-Party Series
- I don’t know how I missed this last fall, but I did. Peak Inequality: Investigating the Lack of Diversity Among TV Directors
- And almost a year later, an update from one of the networks: FX CEO John Landgraf on the ‘Racially Biased’ System and Taking Major Steps to Change His Network’s Director Rosters
- And with that, I’ve been remiss in not linking this: #BlackSpecFic: A Fireside Fiction Company special report This is damning as hell and publishers you need to do better. Now.
- Submitting (SFF) While Black This is an excellent interrogation of the Fireside report by Phenderson Djèlí Clark.
- Justice Department Issues Scathing Report On Baltimore Police Department
- The shocking story of Israel’s disappeared babies
- Resistance, Desire, and History: The Story of My Dreadlocks
- “She’s not even that fat!” But I am.
- “A Honeypot For Assholes”: Inside Twitter’s 10-Year Failure To Stop Harassment
- I would like to print these articles out and nail them to my neighbor’s front door but since I am not actually an asshole, I won’t: My township calls my lawn ‘a nuisance.’ But I still refuse to mow it and Lawns are a soul-crushing timesuck and most of us would be better off without them
- Mendel Acquisition Squares : A Game of Futures
- Talk About An Ancient Mariner! Greenland Shark Is At Least 272 Years Old
- There is nothing about this article that is not perfect: We regret to inform you it is Vin Diesel who is the candy ass
Trashfire Election Links
- Donald Trump now says even legal immigrants are a security threat
- The unbearable stench of Trump’s B.S.
- Thanks, Jimmy Carter, for Stating What Should Be Obvious: Trump’s Campaign Is Racist
- NAMBLA Becomes Donald Trump’s Birther Moment
- 50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’
- The Polls Aren’t Skewed: Trump Really Is Losing Badly Clinging to anything that makes me feel like we may exit from bizarro world on November 8.
- Trump’s Assassination Dog Whistle Was Scarier Than You Think Stochastic terrorism.
- The Strange Afterlife of Donald Trump’s Tweets Bless. Someone read them all.
- Donald Trump, in monstrous form
- My Crazy Year with Trump: On Covering—and Being Insulted By—the Most Unlikely Candidate in GOP History
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]