It’s been a really hard few weeks. I’m not doing very well and it’s basically all I can do to keep my head above water.
So here, have some links.
- The Rise and Fall of Liz Smith, Celebrity Accomplice I learned the Liz Smith is queer from this (very interesting) profile of her. I had had no idea.
- Three Thoughts on Emotional Labour I’ve been thinking a lot about emotional labor in the workplace these last few weeks.
- To Understand Whether Your Company Is Inclusive, Map How Your Employees Interact You know, it doesn’t exactly take an MBA to realize this–unless you’re a white man who has never been on the fringes of a workplace, I guess.
- A Marvel Comics Editor Is Being Harassed Because She Posted a Selfie With Her Coworkers Oh for fuck’s sake…
- Let’s Get Excited About Maintenance! Look, infrastructure is awesome and we need to maintain it. I know it’s not as sexy as building a new thing, but it’s necessary.
- These two essays are really important:
- How We Make Black Girls Grow Up Too Fast by Tressie McMillan Cottom
- Facebook’s Complicity in the Silencing of Black Women by Ijeoma Oluo
- Elsa Sjunneson-Henry on growing up with a disability and how that has shaped who she is: I Built My Own Godd*mn Castle
- And finally, I think we could all use these really cute animal pictures.
Make a Suggestion for the Links Post!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]