Re-entry from Readercon has been rough this year: lots of catching up to do at work and I’ve got a delightful case of con crud so everything is taking twice as long as it really should. So there’s a handful of links from me and then the rest are reader submissions (yay, reader submissions!).
- Inside Planned Parenthood’s Push For Gender-Neutral Language
- How one man repopulated a rare butterfly species in his backyard
- What Do You See When You Look at This Cover?
- Too Old for Sex? Not at This Nursing Home
- From Lee:
- “The Best Revenge is Your Paper”: Notes on Women’s Work: “It is about dating and relationships as women’s work, and it becomes a story about everything.”
- Hunger Makes Me: “It made me cry, and also made me mad, and made we want to want things.”
- From Lilysea:
- If We Wrote Men Like We Write Women
- Makeup turns a young woman into an old punk-rock man
- Are gendered toys harming childhood development?
- NYC is introducing free tampons, pads, and sanitary napkins at public schools, homeless shelters, and correctional facilities.
- Webcomic about a cheerful but snarky goth woman working at a taxidermy shop in NY city
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]