I really love this painting by Scott Naismith–the yellow and the pinks juxtaposed with the blues and grays, and the texture of the paint. I think it’s gorgeous.
Links this week are an unordered grab bag, I’m writing this as I am attempting to get everything together for Readercon so didn’t really have time to arrange them.
- Coworker With Two Computer Screens Not Fucking Around
- Cassandra Khaw: Vexed About Voice
- Whatever Happened to Freddie Prinze Jr.?
- Why the Humble Notebook Is Flourishing in the iPhone Era
- The Dark Side of Longform Journalism
- Think Gender Is Performance? You Have Judith Butler to Thank for That.
- This new site gets me: Maximum Middle Age; In Defense of Stuff: Marie Kondo Can Bite Me
- ‘Badass Librarians’ Foil al Qaeda, Save Ancient Manuscripts
- How Apple Made The Watch Work For Wheelchair Users This is really, really cool! I have an Apple Watch and it has really helped me to become a lot more active.
- I Lost $6,500 on My Last Book Launch: Details, final tally, lessons learned Oooof.
- Mississippi State Representative offers jaw-dropping response to diabetic child’s mother
- Ancient History: Mercedes Lackey and Larry Dixon’s The Black Gryphon
- This Magical J-Pop Cover of the ‘Ghostbusters’ Theme Puts Fall Out Boy’s to Shame
- Technical writers and “Subject-Matter Experts”
- Scientists Avoid Studying Women’s Bodies Because They Get Periods Girls are icky, y’all.
- Ridiculous Vines of hip-hop beats dropped behind fast-talking auctioneers
- Elie Wiesel Visits Disneyland
- Mom’s Invisible Hand
- Pounded by the pound: Brexit inspires its first erotic novel
- Dear 14-Year-Old Boy, You Are Not Entitled to Sex
- Venus Williams Makes a Call for Equality on the Wimbledon Courts
- A Family-Friendly Policy That’s Friendliest to Male Professors
- What media companies don’t want you to know about ad blockers
- My best employee quit on the spot because I wouldn’t let her go to her college graduation WOW.
- An Interview with the Guy Who Has Fred Durst’s Old Phone Number
- I have found a new way to watch TV, and it changes everything Or maybe you could be choosier about what you choose to watch? You don’t actually have to watch everything.
- This 10 Little Monkeys Parody Is The Best Thing You’ll Read, Maybe Ever
- Mapping the United Swears of America
- Machine Bias: There’s Software Used Across the Country to Predict Future Criminals. And it’s Biased Against Blacks. Gosh. Who could have guessed?
- After Attacks on Muslims, Many Ask: Where Is the Outpouring?
- How Samantha Bee Crashed the Late-Night Boys’ Club
- Navigating Negativity: How to Learn From and Love Your Critics
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]