Garden report: The salvia’s pretty much done, the bee balm is going gangbusters, the echinacea is blooming and the liatris and agastache are fixing to bloom. The phlox is recovering and next week I think we need to figure out a different solution to the bunny problem, because I’d like to actually see the plants. I think the roses and hydrangeas aren’t getting enough water as the summer heats up, so my project for next week will be researching DIY drip irrigation/soaker hoses and moisture meters. Gardening. It’s an entirely new thing to nerd out about.
- Kelly Diels on Reinventing the Online Summit. Diels has a lot of really smart things to say about this particular marketing tactic.
- Why American Workers Now Dress So Casually. It’s apparently Silicon Valley’s fault.
- The Man Making Books an Art Form.
- Hey! Did you guys know that not being invited to be on programming for a convention is just like being banned? What a bunch of entitled jerks.
- The Best Wonder Woman Texts From Superheroes (no spoilers).
- Everyone needs some How to Suppress Women’s Writing bingo cards, right?
- Twelve seconds of gunfire: School playground shooting still haunts the first graders who survived. This is incredibly difficult to read.
- Adam West Saved Batman. And Me. Biff! Bam! Pow!
- Just. Don’t. Fantastic essay about women’s anger.
- When What Was Good For Bill Cosby Was Good For Black America.
- Moral Values? American Values? Cinnamon, the author of this piece, sent me the link and I’m glad she did. There’s a lot to think about here.
- We’d love to share a good apology. Today is not that day. I am so fucking angry that someone thought writing that horribly cruel description was appropriate in any way.
Make a Suggestion for the Links Post!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]