I’ve been all over the place this past week and for better or for worse, this week’s post reflects that.
Have a great weekend, y’all
- I loved this piece at Motherboard about chairs at conferences, but they missed something: chairs with arms are less accessible than those without. I have been in the position of having to ask for a chair without arms before a panel and it’s really not great. Tall chairs are also not great for people beyond those who wear skirts: people with disabilities of different sorts, very short people, fat people.
- I feel as if this disgruntled federal employee is the spiritual parent of All The Planner People on Instagram. The cranky parent.
- Austin Kleon’s been killing it lately, and while I feel as if I’m repeating myself, these two pieces are well worth your time:
- Pay attention to your attention: “…the attention someone gives to what he or she makes is reflected in the end result, whether it is obvious or not.”
- So much good stuff in this interview with Dorothy Allison.
- I’ve been reading some poetry lately, here’s a new favorite and an old favorite: