I’m feeling much better this week–I got my test results back and they are the best results possible, hurray! I’m on the hook for regular testing for the foreseeable future, but I can deal with that. It’s definitely better than the alternative!
- Eileen Myles: Times I’ve Got Paid
- Challenging the Whiteness of MFA Programs: A Year in Confrontations at UW
- Allrecipes Reveals the Enormous Gap Between Foodie Culture and What Americans Actually Cook I grew up eating this sort of cooking. Mmmm, broccoli rice casserole. Also my grandmother made killer Jell-o salads. A lot of these recipes are the sort of thing you’d get in church cookbooks or recipe swaps.
- What Is ‘Natural’ Food? A Riddle Wrapped In Notions Of Good And Evil
- The Unhealthy Truth Behind ‘Wellness’ and ‘Clean Eating’: “This isn’t just about nutrition, it’s about morality, and when food becomes imbued with this kind of scandalising language, the dinner table becomes a minefield.”
- Truth and transgender at age 70 This is just a lovely, lovely story.
- Prince’s death reveals we have no idea what “addiction” really means.
- ‘You want a description of hell?’ OxyContin’s 12-hour problem
- Opioid Addiction Is a Huge Problem, but Pain Prescriptions Are Not the Cause
- My Father, Woody Allen, and the Danger of Questions Unasked Important, uncomfortable, thought-provoking essay from Ronan Farrow and the complicity of the media. Content warning for child sex abuse and victim blaming.
- Why Do We Like BDSM? Really thoughtful and perceptive–and non-sensationalistic–article on kink.
- Behold, the Space-Age Stiletto
- Painting, Drawing, and Persistence
- Every Episode of David Attenborough’s Life Series, Ranked (related: Sir David Attenbingo)
- On Homecomings In which Ta-Nehisi Coates is doxxed.
- Does Your Daughter Know It’s OK To Be Angry?
- That kid did didn’t find a lost Maya city. Don’t believe what you read.
- If Philosophy Won’t Diversify, Let’s Call It What It Really Is
- My Captain America Takedown Was Wrong, and I’m Sorry
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]