Spring here is in the Northern Hemisphere! And it’s peak cherry blossom time in DC–which I’ve never seen and which I likely never will because I’ve heard that the crowds are horrifying. So here’s a picture of some cherry blossoms and a short but sweet collection of links below the fold.
- One Weird Trick to Keep Female Employees Happy. Spoiler: it involves money.
- From the department of “No Shit, Sherlock”: As Women Take Over a Male-Dominated Field, the Pay Drops
- Maybe this will help: Tips From Your Boss to Help You Overcome Job Discrimination.
- To the point and mincing no words: “Self-entitled ungratereful fuckoff” – Seriously?!?
- Please Stop Saying You Want to Go to Cuba Before It’s Ruined
- “Increasingly, Batman is a fantasy of punishing someone, where Superman is a fantasy of helping someone.”
- Hooboy, I’m staying far away from this turd: Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is as inelegant as its title
- Kill the Fatphobia: Fat Girls in YA I thought we were past the sort of representation that I was treated to as a child (by way of Judy Blume’s Blubber, but I guess not).
- Challenger Engineer Who Warned Of Shuttle Disaster Dies I so glad he was able to speak publicly about this and gain a measure of peace before he died.
- Organizing Concepts, or, Everything-All-Over-the-Place I thought this was really good way to look at all the different systems we have available to us to organize stuff.
- The Harvard Library That Protects The World’s Rarest Colors I really want one of those glass vials. So cool!
- Super important. If you only read one thing, read this: All That Isn’t Said: Kaye M. talks Islamophobia in YA
Make a suggestion!