As you can see, I’ve been doing a bit of spring cleaning around the place. It was time to change things up a bit. Let me know if anything isn’t working or looks weird; I’ve made some cosmetic changes to the stylesheet. but nothing that should adversely affect how the content is laid out or is displayed on different devices.
There is still a tree situation out back that we’re hoping to get cleared away in the next week or so. My plants still haven’t shipped and I’m getting itchy to get things in the ground: our house looks naked with the empty beds in front.
In keeping with the spring cleaning theme, though, there has been one pretty major change inside, though: I have a new desk! The part of my bonus that didn’t get spent on landscapers, plants, or (sigh) tree removal went towards an elfa “system” from the Container Store (it is five minutes away, this is dangerous) and I’ve completely reorganized everything and I have drawers now! Drawers! It’s great; everything has a place and it looks so tidy. I just need many thousand more dollars so I can cover the entire room with shelves (my desk is in the office/library and it is a truth universally acknowledged that a couple with a deep and abiding love of books must be in want of more shelving).
- Why Some People Just Don’t Like Music There are apparently people like this in the world. It takes all kinds! I admit that I am not as into music as I used to be and I often find music with lyrics very distracting when I’m trying to work. Movie soundtracks are pretty great, though.
- 25 Songs That Tell Us Where Music Is Going Warning: super obnoxious autoplay music.
- Finding Raffi I never listened to Raffi when I was a kid. But I found this really interesting nonetheless, especially his perspective on children as whole people.
- Murder by Craigslist Okay, this is a little old, but still! Still!
- Meet the Woke Misogynist Warning: descriptions of sexual assault, not graphic.
- The harsh reality of a trans woman’s struggles through life until death This is not an easy or comfortable read, not by any stretch of the imagination.
- Systems Smart Enough To Know When They’re Not Smart Enough An exploration of unintended consequences.
- Memories of MySpace: normalising women’s experiences online Interesting essay about the images we project to the world and who those images are for.
- What if All I Want is a Mediocre Life? This is less about mediocrity and more about embracing human imperfection.
- Do You Want to Be Known For Your Writing, or For Your Swift Email Responses? From the article: “[Women] are conditioned to ever prove ourselves, as if our value is contingent on our ability to meet the expectations of others.”
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]