I’ve been working on other projects, so links are pretty light this week.
And our landscaping is done and as soon as I schedule this, I’m off to order a whole bunch of plants. It’s going to be great.
- The American Experiment in Exile
- In Defense of Cultural Criticism in Trump’s America
- Shyness: A (Quiet) Cultural History
- The Most Popular Color On The Web
- I Heart New York (I should mention that this piece is about shopping for and then eating hearts)
- Anthony Bourdain’s Moveable Feast I’ve been watching Bourdain’s Parts Unknown on Netflix while I’m working out and it’s a fantastic show. He doesn’t gloss over unpleasant truths and the episode about the Congo brought me to tears more than once. It was incredibly hard to watch and I don’t think any of the times I had to read Heart of Darkness that the extent of the horrors perpetrated upon the Congolese were ever made explicit. It was all very abstracted and I am retroactively angry with my teachers for glossing over these unpleasant and hard truths–it erased a critical part of the book’s context. Anyhow, I’m enjoying the show tremendously and recommend it.
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]