At times, we tend to avert our eyes from the shadow, those negative parts, or else, try to forcibly eliminate those aspects. No matter how high a wall we build to keep intruders out, no matter how strictly we exclude outsiders, no matter how much we rewrite history to suit us, we just end up damaging and hurting ourselves.
- Just one current events link today: What The Fuck Just Happened, Today? Matt Kiser’s doing God’s work here.
- D Franklin’s thoughtful review of The Curse of Chalion illuminated facets of the book I hadn’t noticed before.
- The Slants: Fighting For The Right To Rock A Racial Slur
- On the ever-shrinking nostalgia-gap: Nostalgia for Now
- You Want a Fuck Off Fund? Get Yourself a New Education or: Capitalism pretty much sucks and everyone is trying to sell you something.
- When scatology informs theology: The bowels of the Reformation
- I Was Trained for the Culture Wars in Home School: Long, disturbing read.
- Pause! We Can Go Back! What if the benefits of digitizing everything turn out to be drawbacks?
- I Was a Black Female Thru-Hiker on the Appalachian Trail This was a fantastic read.
- Ali Trotta on Love That Feels Like Art.
- This video about marbling paper is incredibly soothing.
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]