“Commencing countdown, engines on…”
- “Though there’s no sound in space, the symbolism of sending a car with a dummy driver into the void while playing a song about a man lost in the cosmos is palpable.”
- “…a character who’s been sent into orbit by Establishment figures, who monitor him, give him orders and want him to do his share of media promotion.”
- “Maybe it aggravated the anxiety about death and the future that suffuses his music, but that his bold public persona obscured. And maybe he came back because the idea of fading away became even scarier.”
- “Fucking with the fabric of time there. It did bring a whole sackful of its own inherent problems with it.”
- “There is a transcendent feeling in being subsumed and surrendering to a group. This applies to sports, military drills, dancing… and group singing. One becomes a part of something larger than oneself, and something in our makeup rewards us when that happens. We cling to our individuality, but we experience true ecstasy when we give it up.“
Make a Suggestion for the Links Post!
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]