- Consolation, by Wisława Szymborska
- Losing Access to Sisterhood: Tomboys, Masculinity, and the Unmaking of a Girl
- “I was playing the only established social role my body allowed me to play, that of the chrysalis constantly anticipating transformation. “
- A Lament for Google Reader (via) I’ll be over here in the corner rending my garments. I’m giving both Newsblur and The Old Reader test runs–I tried Feedly a while ago and it simply does not work for how I read feeds.
- Also: Google Reader’s demise is awful for Iranians, who use it to avoid censorship (also via)
- Three Issues of Reviewing (via)
- This is the Worst Book Cover Ever (via) And here’s an interesting perspective from the production end of things.
- User-Renters in SimCity I want to play this game so badly but won’t be buying it until the DRM issues are resolved. If they’re resolved.
- TinTin Discovers Edward Said (via)
- Steamy novel challenges CERN’s serious image (via)
- This is amazing: Paper Landscape illustrated by Eiko Ojala This is drawn, not cut from paper. Incredible.
- Because I am 12. Heh. Heh. Heh.
- Digital Era Redefining Etiquette I admit it: it annoys the heck out of me when I get an email from a co-worker that is basically nothing more than them thanking me for doing my damn job.
- A scathing review of Science Fiction: The 101 Best Novels, 1985-2010 in Strange Horizons.
Before commenting, please read the comment policy.