- Look Away: Rockstars and Their Underage Prey
- How (not) to lie with statistics This is a clearly written and understandable of the many problems with the data present by Hugh Howey et al last week.
- It’s Time to End the Long History of Feminism Failing Transgender Women
- Let’s Be Real: Online Harassment Isn’t ‘Virtual’ For Women
- Deep down the rabbit hole of ingrained games industry sexism
- The Allies Pie
- Using the vagina on my face (Women in Horror Month)
- Tiptree winner and short list announced! Yay!
- John Green Privilege
- The Unrecognized Trajectory of Slow Burn Success Absolutely essential essay by Janny Wurts on publisher investment in authors’ careers and the way, in the current market, it’s almost impossible for this kind of investment to happen any more. And then you end up with stuff like this.
- Reprogramming science fiction: the genre that is learning to love I thought an awful lot of men and works by men were cited in this piece. There’s a lot of romance in SF, I don’t think the essay’s author looked very hard for it. Although I do want to see Her, now.
- The Dark Power of Fraternities
- Food stamp recipients document their lives in photos
- Mary Robinette Kowal on Me, as a useful representative example
- Pretty much the only comment I’ll make here on the current SFWA shenanigans
- Join the Insect Army!
- Unlearning to Not Speak by Marge Piercy
She dabbles in writing speculative fiction and poetry, but non-fiction is her bread and butter. She’s known for her coverage of various issues within genre around sexism and harassment, and can be found on Twitter as @eilatan.
With Annalee Flower Horne, she is a co-founder of the intersectional geek blog, The Bias.