- It is easier now that I look like a guy
- The Next Civil Rights Issue: Why Women Aren’t Welcome on the Internet
- The Shark Has Pretty Teeth, Dear: Why I Teach Women Self-Defense
- Flawless Trans Women Carmen Carrera and Laverne Cox Respond Flawlessly To Katie Couric’s Invasive Questions
- Robotics journal cover draws accusations of stereotyping women
- Misandrist Obituaries
- Too Big for Just One Post: Enormously Endowed Romance Heroes, Part 1 I am waiting for Part 2 which I hope will be devoted solely to Jondalar’s massive wang and how he fucks his way across Cro-Magnon Europe until he meets Ayla, the only woman whose vagina can accommodate said massive wang. And how he then proceeds to act like the world’s most jealous jackass for about 3,000 pages through the rest of the series. I may have issues, guys.
- Remote Control: Tonya Harding, Nancy Kerrigan, and the Spectacles of Female Power and Pain. This is an amazing read. I’ve always been more of a fan of Harding than Kerrigan, too. I felt like she was more relatable.
- Kids Won’t Listen Amaze article in defense of teen girls and their fandoms/interest. Written by a teen girl. Love.
- The Ugly, Fascinating History Of The Word ‘Racism’
- Forced to Draw Benefits: A Conservative’s Heartbreaking Confession!
- The Smartest Nerd in the Room and What It Means to Be a Public Intellectual.
- How a Science Fiction Book Cover Became a $5.7 Million Painting Srsly? Gah.
- Straight White Dudes Go To Mars “This is a shame because the very reasons why SF fails spectacularly as a technical foresight tool are also why it has fascinating things to say about sexualities and the societies they sit in.” Not sure I agree with all of this–the author conveniently doesn’t talk about a lot of very recent SF and uses a lot of film and television examples–which are certainly SF but film and television is a different kind of storytelling.
- ‘Readers should know’ of theologian’s abuse I shouldn’t find acknowledgement that people are complicated and often contradictory people who do both good and bad in their lives so astonishing and yet. I do.
- Polygamy as Lifestyle Choice, and a Reality TV Brand Articles like this, that assume that the only kind of more-than-two-people marriage is the Mormon kind of polygyny, sort of make me deeply annoyed. There are more variations than this!
- Sweet God, Starfish Have Eyes Hi, horrified now.
- T-rex Calories Love.
- “Of Awards, Eligibility Lists and Unbearable Smugness” I would rather people talk about what they are eligible for so people can make informed decisions when nominating and voting. So, in the spirit of this post: I am eligible in the fan writer Hugo category.
Before commenting, please read the comment policy.