This week. I don’t know about y’all, but every time I think the President-Elect hits a new low, he finds a way to dig even deeper. Consequently, that’s dominated most of my reading this week and I don’t feel like inflicting that on everyone. So just a few links today, sadly all election-themed, but hopefully useful and/or entertaining.
- Alexandra Petri is a gift to us all and this lightened my mood tremendously earlier this week: My Fair Trump
- My favorite pop song about Hitler: “Hitler’s Tears”
- John Scalzi and the Cinemax Theory of Racism.
- Elizabeth Bear on long cons and Donald Trump.
- “We’re His Problem Now”: a calling sheet with useful scripts for calling your elected officials.
- How to Contact Your Elected Officials. I’m seeing a lot of calls to action going around that are asking for people to call or write members of Congress who do not represent them. Know that if you do this, you are taking resources away from their constituents and that they have ZERO obligation to listen to what you have to say. It’s better to call your representatives and ask them to sign on to the relevant sign-on letters addressed to leadership. Paul Ryan may be Speaker of the House, but he represents Wisconsin’s 1st District and calls/letters from that district will be his and his staff’s priorities.
How are you?