We seem to have entered the Darkest Timeline. I really don’t know what else to say. I have been oscillating between rage and sorrow since late Tuesday evening.
I thought we were better than this, America. I was wrong. We aren’t.
Human rights are not negotiable and they aren’t something we can “agree to disagree” on.
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- Council for American-Islamic Relations
- #NoDAPL Official Sacred Stone Camp
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Anti-Defamation League
- Planned Parenthood
- NARAL Pro-Choice America
- Women’s Medical Fund
- American Association of People with Disabilities
- National Council for Independent Living
- Lambda Legal
- The Trevor Project
- Trans Lifeline
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- National Immigrant Justice Center
- National Immigration Law Center
Most of these organizations will accept monthly donations as small as $5/month. If you can’t give money, many of these organizations have local chapters that could probably use volunteers.
Write to your local and state representatives. Hold their feet to the fire. They work for all of us.
“Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.” Don’t allow yourself to be lulled into thinking everything is normal. It’s not. We survive together, not alone. Resist.
And fellow white people? We have work to do.
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in.
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!
She dabbles in writing speculative fiction and poetry, but non-fiction is her bread and butter. She’s known for her coverage of various issues within genre around sexism and harassment, and can be found on Twitter as @eilatan.
With Annalee Flower Horne, she is a co-founder of the intersectional geek blog, The Bias.