Words are hard this week.
A lot of other things are hard, too: work, exercising, getting up in the morning, making time for self-care (work of one sort or another has eaten nearly all my free time this week). This isn’t to say that life is terrible. It’s not. It’s just that there’s a lot of it happening right now.
My plans for the weekend: art, reading, and laundry. My life is so glamorous, I know. I don’t know how I manage.
- Why I Am Not a Maker This is a few years old, but it’s still interesting and relevant.
- A Catfishing With a Happy Ending
- Google and Facebook Have Failed Us “It’s no longer good enough to shrug off the problems in the system simply because it has computers in the decision loop.”
- What Facebook Did to American Democracy
- These Americans Were Tricked Into Working For Russia. They Say They Had No Idea.
- The odd, unvarnished predatory gaze
- Two great op-eds from the New York Times:
- Lindy West: Yes, This Is a Witch Hunt. I’m a Witch and I’m Hunting You.
- Lupita Nyong’o: Speaking Out About Harvey Weinstein
- Mayim Bialik’s tone-deaf and self-righteous Harvey Weinstein essay in The New York Times
- New Foundational Garments for the Average Woman
- “The Spinster’s Numeration Table” Offensively “Defined” The Traits Of Single Women From 17 To 55
- Wirecutter Review: The Best Paper Towel for Mopping Up Tears