- A Hit Man Came to Kill Susan Kuhnhausen. She Survived. He Didn’t. This is an incredible story. I feel obliged to point out, though, that there are some graphic pictures: photos of Kuhnhausen’s bruised and bloody face (one at the top of the article) and another of blood on the floors and walls of the house. But it is very much worth the read.
- Dee Dee Wanted Her Daughter To Be Sick, Gypsy Wanted Her Mom Murdered And this is another difficult story to read but also worth it.
- The Legacy of Lynching, on Death Row This, too, is harrowing.
- Scenes From the Terrifying, Already Forgotten JFK Airport Shooting That Wasn’t
- Becoming Disabled
- A Swimmer’s ‘Period’ Comment Breaks Taboos In Sports
- ‘Just watch me’: Challenging the ‘origin story’ of Native Americans
- Fat Shaming is Not an Individual Problem, It’s a Cultural One There’s a reason why I won’t link to certain types of body positivity articles and Kinzel very clearly articulates why.
- Rachael Acks on What’s Being Done To Fix the Hugo Awards
- Do Better: Sexual Violence in SFF
- Creeps aren’t nerds, but they think they are. Can we just shoot all copies of Revenge of the Nerds into the sun? Please?
- Hey, look. Actual consequences for being a harassing creep.
- They want to destroy Leslie Jones: Harassment targeting “Ghostbusters” star exposes the ugliness driving the new right This is a hate crime.
- What Is The “Alt-Right”? A Guide To The White Nationalist Movement Now Leading Conservative Media Extensively researched piece from Oliver Willis.
- How a GIF of Aly Raisman’s Floor Routine Got Me Permanently Banned From Twitter Twitter can’t do anything about systematic and organized harassment on their platform but they can sure as shit toady to the IOC. Good to know.
- How Americans pretend to love ‘ethnic food’
- Hundreds of Americans wash up illegally in Canada after river party goes off course The hilariousest thing about this is that it happened basically in the town where my sister lives and she reports that there is always drama with this particular party, although it’s extra-spectacular this year.
- Nick Offerman on middle-aged sex and what people get wrong about Ron Swanson
- The Death of Flair: As Friday’s Goes Minimalist, What Happens to the Antiques?
- The Horrifying Discovery Hidden in that ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Set Photo I just showed this to my spouse and when he hit the halfway point he said, “Oh my God,” and started laughing hysterically.
US Election Links
- Charlie Sykes’ Air War
- No, there’s no rhyme or reason to Trump’s ban on news organizations
- VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!