Happy Friday! Isn’t that photograph cool? It’s from a duo known as Tdub Photo and it involves bioluminescent shrimp, bacon traps, and making sure that the shrimp are able to return to the sea after the photos are taken.
- How the FDA’s New Menu Requirement Can Harm Those Struggling with Eating Disorders
- Hospitals refusing to perform transplants to keep ratings high That would be success rates. So more people are dying.
- My feminism will be capitalist, appropriative and bullshit merchandise Happy to see Flavis Dzodan writing online again, very sad that this is why.
- Reading While White: On White Fragility, by Guest Blogger Justine Larbalestier
- Swimming in the Black Community: How Racism Is Drowning Us
- A Closer Look at Simone Manuel, Olympic Medalist, History Maker
- You Throw, Girl: An Olympic Shot-Putter’s Feminist Mission
- Three things that need to happen before I defend men from Olympic sexism
- This Is What Olympic Athletes Can Look Like
- That time when a terrorist attack struck the Olympic Games
- White Thugs Destroy Gas Station, Fight Attendant, but Will Get Away With It Because White Privilege
- The Houston Man Who Refused to Plead Guilty Does Not Want an Apology
- Neo-Nazi Lawyer Represents Baltimore in Suit Over Wrongful Arrest and 19-Year Imprisonment of Black Man
- Who Gets To Be ‘Hapa’?
- These wealthy neighbors have been at war for nearly 25 years I guess my neighbor situation could always be worse.
- Creating (and protecting) Community Through Private Online Groups This is interesting but it’s also super-annoying: it doesn’t mention the existence of restricted LiveJournal communities or listservs that pre-date Yahoo!Groups: Onelist and eGroups came before and before that were many, many other listservs that didn’t have web interfaces. So–this piece feels very shallow and anecdotal to me because it’s barely scratching the surface.
- In defense of fat sadness.
- History’s Worst Parents Face the Wrath of the Comments Section
- The Women in My Family Had to Be Good With Money content warning: domestic violence, abusive relationships
- The Disappearing Act The women history forgot.
- Max Headroom: the definitive history of the 1980s digital icon M-m-m-m-m-max!
- One of the biggest crime waves in America isn’t what you think it is
- Why Trains Suck in America Trains could be so much better in the US–and this short video explains why they aren’t and why they probably won’t ever be.
- Your brain does not process information and it is not a computer
- Drawing the Calendar This is really neat!
- ‘Like nothing we’ve ever seen’: Flood danger is not over in Louisiana Worse than Katrina, y’all. 🙁
- 10 Badass Disabled Women You Should Know About
- Gord Downie, the dying singer of the Tragically Hip, was a Canadian’s Canadian.
- The Gucci wife and the hitman: fashion’s darkest tale
- Walmart’s Out-of-Control Crime Problem Is Driving Police Crazy
- Friend acquires a lot of cheese. What to do with it? This is hilarious.
Election Trashfire Links
HI I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS MOVIE.
Make a Suggestion for the Links Roundup!