It’s Friday and there are links!
I’ve also been watching The Flash and Arrow and I have so many questions. So many questions.
- The Fashion Industry Can No Longer Afford to Ignore the Plus-Size Market My only gripe about this article: the author seems to think that fatshion started on Tumblr when it most certainly did not.
- Moderation in All Things, Dammit Some excellent thoughts on panel moderation by Marissa Lingen.
- Charlize Theron Is Not Here To Make Friends I saw Atomic Blonde last weekend and I’ve been telling people all week that it’s basically Charlize Theron punching men in the face for two hours with a great soundtrack and sometimes, that’s what a girl needs to see.
- Why do stars like Adele keep losing their voice? I thought this was a really interesting article and it doesn’t surprise me at all that people are being taught to sing in ways that cause them ongoing damage. We have amplification technology, there’s no need for people to be yelly singers.
- Caitlin Is Not Groot: Finding Proper Communication Adaptations in Science Fiction and Fantasy This is a fantastic essay by Lynne M. Thomas and I learned some things from it. Maybe you will, too.
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Inspires Historic State Department Education Exchange I love that this movie is helping to facilitate cool things like this.
- YA Discourse: Witch vs Vulture Foz Meadows writes about That Article on Vulture About YA and Twitter. This is an excellent analysis and Foz really takes the time to break everything down–there are things I think are done well in the Vulture piece and there are many things done poorly. There’s also a really super-great Venn diagram.