Readercon was pretty great! I enjoyed the panels I attended and the ones I was one were well received. The “Terrible…but Great” panel was a great deal of fun. We talked about Anne Bishop, Mercedes Lackey, Philip K. Dick, Bradley Denton, and many others. Kate Nepveu has a really great write up, if you’d like some of the specific titles. It was also awesome to see everyone and make a few new friends while drinking overpriced gin and tonics in the bar.
- This Is What a Battle Over Gender and Race Looks Like in a Conservative Christian Community
- What American Flag-Worship Looks Like to a New Citizen
- So You are the Parent at a Poor School
- How To Do Nothing
- In Praise of Slow Writing
- Prozac Nation Is Now the United States of Xanax
- How ‘Wellness’ Became an Epidemic
- Octavia Butler: Writing Herself Into The Story
- Why Are We So Unwilling to Take Sylvia Plath at Her Word?
- R. Kelly Is Holding Women Against Their Will In An Abusive “Cult,” Parents Told Police and If You’re Still An R. Kelly Fan In 2017 You Might Be A Worse Person Than R. Kelly
- We Asked People What Childhood Moment Shaped Them the Most The first story, by Peter Troyer, is about an extremely troubling encounter he had with Arthur C. Clarke as a young child in Sri Lanka,
- Chicago Library Seeks Help Transcribing Magical Manuscripts There is no way that this ends well.
- And this certainly did not end well: Reptile Cult Feud Ends in Death I have so many questions.
This trailer is everything I have ever wanted from a trailer for A Wrinkle in Time.