I find that I am unable to resist leading off with this video–which had me howling with laughter because it is so on the nose.
Look. It was either the life coach guy or a Guy Fieri supercut.
- The Oscar Pistorius trial was strange and heartbreaking for survivors of domestic abuse
- In which Abby Franquemont schools a sad little man over his upset over a tiny rainbow flag which is on Ravelry’s front page every single June.
- Let’s Whip Up Some Common Sense Gun Control! Weehaw! Can’t say that I disagree with much of this.
- Tech Writer Explains Fashion Oh look! More proof that some dudes think “disruption” is only something that men get to do.
- No more rock stars: how to stop abuse in tech communities Just gonna note that this applies to a lot of industries, not just tech.
- Veronica Schanoes on Being Jewish. I learned a lot from this.
- Mike Rowe has some advice.
- We Have No Idea What Aging Looks Like
- On the Invisibility of Middle-Aged Women–and I don’t think this is limited only to women without children.
- How about we include fat people in reproductive justice?
- The Problem With Apple’s New Emoji Software, and How AI Could Solve It
- N.C. Congressman Explains Sit-Ins to Civil Rights Legend Who Has Been Beaten for Organizing Sit-Ins
Reader Submitted Links!
- Lilysea has been diligently combing the sands of the internets to bring us all the following:
- Analysis of Untested Rape Kits Reveals Serial Rapists Are Far More Common Than We Thought
- It is now legal to criticise Henry VIII’s second marriage in Ireland
- Scottish Episcopal Church takes gay marriage step
- Goth fashion on older human beings! (I just wish the designer had been named!)
- Scientists Now Know How Many Trees You Need to See to Relax
- Starring John Cho. “Some freaking genius shops John Cho into movie posters to counter the argument that people can’t imagine an Asian-American lead actor.”
- Jooperado sends along some needle-felted Star Wars: “Umm, Star Wars reduced to the utter simplicity of a single word board book married to scenes lovingly crafted out of felt – like whoa! (I discovered two of these books at my awesome local bookstore Pegasus in N. Berkeley. I also saw Jane Eyre there too! Here’s the rest of the classics rendered in needle-felted wool by Jack and Holman Wang.)”
- Petrea Mitchell makes this useful contribution: World Community Grid and says: “For anyone who is feeling overwhelmed and depressed by current events and would like to do something to help the human race: check out the World Community Grid, which lets you donate your spare processing power to science! Current projects include finding cancer markers, evaluating antiviral drugs to work against AIDS and TB, and developing materials for more efficient solar panels. The software runs on Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android devices. For people who get competitive about their altruism, there are points and teams. For anyone who can’t find a team for their workplace or school, I’ve recently started the Flag of Convenience team, which will accept anyone.”