I just love this painting by Amy Sol. I could totally see her work on the cover of a book, couldn’t you?
- The Disease That Robs You of Language But Keeps Your Mind Intact
- How Habitat for Humanity Went to Brooklyn and Poor Families Lost Their Homes
- The Panama Papers I am completely fascinated by this entire thing. And the tech used for security and collaboration is at least as fascinating as the information in the leak.
- It’s 2016. Why Can’t Anyone Make a Decent Freaking To-Do App? And this is why I use paper now. I do need to make rereading Getting Things Done a priority, though. In my copious downtime. HA.
- Language Leakage: An Interview with Sarah Thomason
- The Complete Works: The value in selective reading
- Why I Plan to Get Pregnant on Anti-Anxiety Meds
- The Tampon of the Future “Someone told us that the product would only help women, and women are only half the population — so what was the point?”
- Food tech is just men rebranding what women have done for decades
- A $700 Juicer for the Kitchen That Caught Silicon Valley’s Eye [nopetopus.gif]
- PJ Harvey is the Flannery O’Connor of Rock & Roll
- Babies are still switched at birth? Yes, it happened to me, briefly. What horrifies me about this story is the lack of clarity on the part of the hospital–the constantly shifting story, the uncovering of falsehoods…
- So Gay Talese knew that a sexual predator had witnessed a murder for decades and didn’t think he was obliged to notify authorities about either situation? Even anonymously? Really? Edited to add: as bluestgirl points out in the comments, not only did Gay Talese know about this revoltingly sordid situation, but he also participated so he’s beyond complicit in this and why the fuck did the New Yorker let this go to press? Where the hell are their ethics?
- Why We Can Wait For Amazon’s Drones
- How Black Pepper Won Europe From a Better Pepper
- Engare, a videogame about the mathematical beauty of Islamic art I WANT THIS SO MUCH.
- When Whites Just Don’t Get It, Part 6
- Joe Medicine Crow, a war chief, historian and the last link to the Battle of Little Big Horn, dies at 102
- Don’t waste time trying to please people who are determined never to be pleased by you
- Yes, I’m a nine-year-old girl. But I’m still a serious reporter I aspire to this level of bad-assery.
Make a Suggestion!