Who put the links in the linka dinka ding dong?
- Rule-following co-workers, possibly a problem. Eh. I can see this but I can also say that sometimes the rules are there for damn good reasons.
- Poor wee mousie. 🙁 Yay for well-built technology. 🙂
- A Composer and His Wife: Creativity Through Kink Huh. Takes all kinds, I guess.
- How A 1990 Hardy Boys Book Presaged The Future Of The Internet This is excellent.
- Lisa Congdon on being open to new experiences.
- Super interesting essay on swearing.
- Fascinating glimpse into the private life of poet W.H Auden.
- A too-brief look at women and their self-expression through sewing.
- If you don’t love the Golden Girls, then you should re-examine your life choices.
- How bias is built into our everyday lives.
- Thoughtful comparison of the work of Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ta-Nehisi Coates and the importance of each.
- Peeple is gross. Don’t even hate download it.
- What it’s like to be that fat person sitting next to you on the plane. I could have written this–because this so clearly describes my thought process and my feelings whenever I have to get on an airplane.
- “Women built this castle”: An in-depth look at sexism in YA. This is a fantastic and worthwhile read.
- And this is also great: A Crash Course in the History of Black Science Fiction
- “Saul Kent, still afraid of possible murder charges, has refused ever since to comment on the case and the whereabouts of his mother’s presumably frozen head.”
- Oh, J.K. Rowling, no. (N.K. Jemisin’s take on it is worth reading too–as she says, “It could’ve been great.”)
- This is not the story you think it’s going to be.
- Wawa is the actual best.
- Up and Coming: Stories by the 2016 Campbell-Eligible Authors is now available! It’s only available through March 31, so go get it! Huge props to S.L. Huang and Kurt Hunt for their work in compiling and publicizing this work–and it is work to pull together a project this large in such a short amount of time.
Make a suggestion!