- Leslie Feinberg, author of Stone Butch Blues, has passed away. May zir memory be a blessing to zir loved ones.
- Stop calling me ‘the Ebola nurse’
- Escape from Jonestown This is a harrowing read.
- Art or Humanity: Thoughts on Bill Cosby Roxane Gay. I have such a crush on her, guys. “Art is nothing compared to humanity, nothing at all.”
- The Rape Accusations Against Bill Cosby Must Not Be Ignored This Bill Cosby stuff just breaks my heart. Not because of The Cosby Show (which I mostly hated, but oh the sweaters) but because of Bill Cosby: Himself which I utterly adored as a child. And of course, my person angst is absolutely nothing compared to what the women he raped have had to go through. Nothing.
- The Comfort Women and Japan’s War on Truth
- G.K. Chesterton and the machinery of bigotry
- What Do You Do When You Think You Have a Murderer in the Family?
- Learning the Rules: Empathy and Enforcement
- Spot the Saint: The Four Doctors + Saints’ Hats I found this to be a delightful read, truly.
- Tightrope Walker – Lord Peter Wimsey and the Golden Age (via)
- 1995 guide to using the Internet You guys! It mentions gopher! Which was the very first way I managed to get online!
- In Defense of the Archaeologist, Indiana Jones I am sad that this doesn’t talk about the awesomeness that is the Lego Indiana Jones video games (although nothing will ever be better than Lego Batman).
Before commenting, please read the comment policy.