- On the Phenomenon of Bullshit Jobs This is really interesting–and I’m just going to warn y’all that the design of this site is an eye-searing yellow.
- What makes good criticism?
- Scalia Is a Twitter Egg I have to say that I haven’t seen a lot of people talking about how great Scalia’s dissents are, most of the conversation I see is people making fun of him.
- Bree Newsome Speaks For The First Time After Courageous Act of Civil Disobedience Yes yes yes yes. And yes.
- We Are Not Descended from Monsters: the Illusion of Moral Clarity This is something that’s really important to remember. And is why I like this song so much–because it reminds me that it’s not monsters who do terrible things, it’s other human beings.
- White supremacist calls Charleston ‘a preview of coming attractions’ Horrifying, especially when you look at his rhetoric and compare it to that of the Puppies and of GamerGate.
- Violent US History Looms Large as Feds Investigate String of Black Church Fires
- I used to lead tours at a plantation. You won’t believe the questions I got about slavery.
- The White Problem This is a fascinating and thought-provoking series of articles about the social construction of whiteness and how it’s used to exploit and divide people who would otherwise be allies. Smart stuff here.
- Race, Speculative Fiction and Afro SF “I only came into the online world of speculative fiction a few years ago and already I am tired.”
- Eight Books You Need To Know About To Understand The Hugo Awards Snafu
- Dogs in space
- What to do if a woman is funny on Twitter.
- Authentic Ann Leckie talks about peas in guacamole–or is she talking about something else entirely?
- Memento Mori: the beautiful ways we have kept the dead among the living
Before commenting, please read the comment policy.