Happy New Year! Or something.
- The Mods are Always Asleep Content warning: discussion of child porn, may not be worksafe.
- Meet the Dogged Researchers Who Try to Unmask Haters Online
- On Nerd Entitlement
- MIT Computer Scientists Demonstrate the Hard Way That Gender Still Matters
- Cover-Ups and Concern Trolls: Actually, It’s About Ethics in Suicide Journalism
- It’s Not an Asshole Problem—It’s a Bystander Problem
- White men tell stories, too Brb, lolling forever
- Kirby Delauter, Who Didn’t Want His Name In A News Story, Is Now A Story
- Kirby Delauter, Kirby Delauter, Kirby Delauter
- Where Are All the Disabled People in the Body Positivity Campaigns?
- Facing the Challenge of Online Harassment
- To anthology editors A must-read essay by Nalo Hopkinson
- “To anthology editors”, a corollary And an excellent addition by N.K. Jemisin
- The Positive Value of Negative Reviews I thought this was a fantastic discussion
- Why broken sleep is a golden time for creativity
- When T.S. Eliot Invented the Hipster AHHHHHHHH
- Chef Patrick O’Connell Calls Washingtonian “Unethical” for Demoting the Inn at Little Washington | In the Magazine Hey, look: there’s one in every crowd.
- Smugglivus 2014: The Airing of Grievances But they forgot the Sad Puppies! However, the Sad Puppies have not forgotten us (link goes to LMGTFY because I don’t feel like even making a donotlink for those jackholes who don’t seem to realize that the Hugos are not a pissing match and their eternal state of whininess over their lack of popularity among the people who vote are making them more of a joke than they already are).
And, in case you missed it, I have a separate post today about authors using Kickstarter and other crowd-funding platforms to raise money for specific projects.