Launched in 2012, Pretty Terrible is the personal blog of Natalie Luhrs and is often the go-to place for science fiction and fantasy news and discussion. Originally called Radish Reviews and written with intrepid co-blogger Donna, PT started out life as a book review and link round up site and quickly morphed into something else entirely. Donna’s no longer a contributor, but her presence is felt with every comma splice removed.
Pretty Terrible may be for you if:
- You like weekly link round ups, often with a side of snark and progressive politics.
- You enjoy reading about Natalie’s Bad Life Decisions.
- You have a high tolerance for random pictures of doodles.
Pretty Terrible may not be for you if:
- You self-identify as a Sad or Rabid Puppy.
- You are racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, ableist, sizeist, or otherwise hostile towards marginalized people.
- You’re here to stir up shit–we reserve the right to moderate all comments as necessary and ban people as needed.
Who is Natalie Luhrs, anyhow?
Natalie is the former science fiction and fantasy reviewer for RT Book Reviews and was briefly an acquisitions editor for Masque Books, the digital imprint of Prime.
She occasionally dabbles in writing speculative fiction and poetry, but non-fiction–especially fan writing–is her bread and butter. She’s known for her coverage of various issues within genre around sexism and harassment, and can be found on Twitter as @eilatan.