- Being Raped In A Bankrupt City Kym Worthy is a big damn hero.
- College Players Granted Right to Form Union
- Just Cheer, Baby – Lacy T. sues Oakland Raiders
- The Times is just trolling indie booksellers now, and it’s sort of brilliant
- On the Economics of Creative Industries
- Entertainment Weekly wants you to write for it for free. Don’t do it.
- Inside the disintegration of a game jam reality show
- Diversity at Tech Conferences
- How Chase Bank Denying Services to a Condom Shop Is Really About Deregulating Payday Lending
- You Are Too Much
- Rick Santorum, in movie exec mode, considers his options for 2016 Sadly, none of them are “joining a monastery and taking a vow of perpetual silence”.
- Women’s History Month Fantastic post by Kari Sperring over at Gill Polack’s place.
- Jamilah Stands
- The Price of a Slur This, really, is essential. Says everything that needs to be said about the football team from Washington’s name.
- Blogging From April A to Z: Intersectional Feminism in Romance Series! The first three posts in this series are sensational–I’m really looking forward to reading the rest.
- Overthinking things?
- Confirmation bias, epic fantasy, and you
- The Real Cost of Services
- I Just Meditated So Hard This is pretty much how I manage to meditate.
- The Spectrum of Autism Victoria makes some really fantastic points here. I am not completely up on everything going on in autism activism and advocacy, but I will point out that the main advocacy group here in the US, Autism Speaks, has no persons with autism on their board and their goal is elimination of autism, not accommodation and accessibility. To me, this is not acceptable. Give your money to other charities. Please.
- What is Fan Fiction – and why is it making people nervous? This is a magnificent pearl-clutch. I am pretty sure that the author is a time traveler from 1995, too.
- “He Had Fresh Head Injuries”: What Ohio Has Been Doing to Mentally Ill Boys
- Awesome post about female sailors. A, this is for you. Although you’ve probably already seen it. XD
- I put this on Twitter yesterday, but I have to share it again because it keeps making me laugh: Erotica Written By An Alien Horrified By The Human Body
- “The Stuff We Don’t Do” A really wonderful time travel short story by Marissa Lingen.
- I tried to link this last week and I completely hosed the html so I’m reposting this week: Jackie Barbosa’s teenage son was recently killed in a car accident and a memorial fund has been set up in his memory.
Kelly Hogan is one of my very favorite performers. Her song, “Golden”, is one that never fails to cheer me up. If you’re having a bad day, I hope this helps you, too.
She dabbles in writing speculative fiction and poetry, but non-fiction is her bread and butter. She’s known for her coverage of various issues within genre around sexism and harassment, and can be found on Twitter as @eilatan.
With Annalee Flower Horne, she is a co-founder of the intersectional geek blog, The Bias.
Latest posts by Natalie Luhrs (see all)
- Links Roundup 08/26/16 - August 26, 2016
- 2016 Hugo Awards: Results and (Very) Personal Reflections - August 21, 2016
- Links Roundup 08/19/16 - August 19, 2016