- When the TBR is not your friend
- Cosplay as Slave Leo (via)
- Sarah Uthoff is looking for questions about Laura Ingalls Wilder
- NY Times Trolls Brooklyn Hipsters with Suburban Brooklyn Hipsters Story (via)
- The Moose Cleanse “But I promise you, if you truly commit to the moose cleanse and listen to what your body is telling you, your system will find a way to get the air it needs. Trust is a huge component of the moose cleanse. It’s not just physical. It’s going to transform every aspect of your life, even the way your heart and lungs metabolize diffused gases.”
- The Allusive John Wesley Harding And hey! It’s a free EP! Wes is one of my favorite musicians and a fine human being who never makes me feel like the dorky fangirl that I am. Also, he played my birthday request a year and a half ago at World Cafe Live.
- Captain Awkward (best. advice. columnist. EVER.) on how to tighten up your game at work when your’e depressed. Or if you just need a kick in the metaphorical pants.
- The Rexifier!
- Amazing Star Wars art. I want one of each. (via)
- The Curious Case of Reeva Steenkamp’s Boyfriend and Global Death Cult Misogyny
- Romance Novels for Feminists on Romancing Disability: Bonnie Dee’s New Life Which I read and while I definitely appreciated it for what it was doing–I think it’s an amazing book and definitely boundary-pushing–I had a hard time with the first person narration.
- What your culture really says.
- Brief Boskone writeup.
- Some Reasons why Dirty Dancing is the Best
- The 2012 Nebula nominations are out! Congratulations to all the nominees! I’m very glad to see a bunch of books and people I like on the list. However, I will note that the comments section appears to be ground zero of the current ERMAGERD GIRL AND BROWN PEOPLE COOTIES ranting in some dark corners of fandom.
- Kit Whitfield with a thoughtful and thought-provoking post on a recent speech by Hilary Mantel concerning the nature of royalty, physicality and publicity.
- Three independent bookstores file suit against the Big Six and Amazon over e-book DRM.
- The Strange Secret Evolution of Babylon 5. Happy 20th anniversary, Babylon 5! Best science fiction television show EVER. This next set of links is ALL FRAN‘S FAULT.
She dabbles in writing speculative fiction and poetry, but non-fiction is her bread and butter. She’s known for her coverage of various issues within genre around sexism and harassment, and can be found on Twitter as @eilatan.
With Annalee Flower Horne, she is a co-founder of the intersectional geek blog, The Bias.