Linkspam wishes you all a happy new year!
- The Django Moment; or, When Should White People Laugh in Django Unchained?
- Where Fountain Pen Obsessions Begin
- Brit Mandelo on gender and sexual identity–specifically, genderqueer This is a personal and powerful piece of writing.
- A Massive Interactive Chart of All of Zeus’s Offspring and Heirs Does what the label says.
- Literary Feuds of 2012 Hey, it’s not just genre authors who behave badly!
- Kate Elliott on Sex at The Book Smugglers
- Fran Wilde’s Favorites from 2012 Includes short stories and anthologies! Does not include my favorite story from last year, though. That would be Genevieve Valentine’s “A Bead of Jasper, Four Small Stones” (warning: sad)
- A Tale of Two Jello Salads Marilyn at Mean Fat Old Bat illustrates one of the many ways in which the online romance community is awesome.
- What You Can
- Why is There So Much Slut Shaming in Novels Written by Women?
- Mind Meld: Strong Women in SF/F
- All 212,000 oil paintings in the UK’s collection are now online! And here’s a blog post with more specifics.
- Liz McCausland is hosting what may be the most awkward book club thingy of all time–next Friday, we’ll all be discussing Vicki Essex’s Back to the Good Fortune Diner. And by we I mean anyone who wants to join in–really truly!
She dabbles in writing speculative fiction and poetry, but non-fiction is her bread and butter. She’s known for her coverage of various issues within genre around sexism and harassment, and can be found on Twitter as @eilatan.
With Annalee Flower Horne, she is a co-founder of the intersectional geek blog, The Bias.
Latest posts by Natalie Luhrs (see all)
- Links Roundup 08/26/16 - August 26, 2016
- 2016 Hugo Awards: Results and (Very) Personal Reflections - August 21, 2016
- Links Roundup 08/19/16 - August 19, 2016